Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 14!

It is finally Valentine's Day and I am sure a bunch of you with be receiving a lovely bouquet of red roses today. With roses as my inspiration, I am super excited to show you my Rose Manicure! Each nail has a different stage of a roses' life, from a bud to a fully blossoming rose, to a dead rose. The stages do not go in order though. I used Orly's Cotton Candy as a base color. I also used red, black, white and green acrylic paintAcrylic paint can be found at your local craft store, Michael’s and ACMoore.

Click the Picture to Enlarge!





Thumb Detail!
Pinky Detail!
Detail Picture!

I googled pictures of roses to use as references, and hand painted the roses with a very thin paint brush. Acrylic paint works wonders for designs like this one because of drying time and consistency. 

I love roses, the smell of fresh roses is wonderful. I even keep roses after they die, just for the smell and look of them, even a dead rose is beautiful. I am THRILLED with how this mani turned out, my first attempt to do roses did not work out how I planned, and seeing this design complete is really exciting. I would love to know what you guys think of it, so comment below or on my facebook


What did you end up with for Valentine's day, did any of my designs inspire you? Let me know!


Check out Orly on Facebook and follow them on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment