Wednesday, February 6, 2013

butter LONDON Sweetie Shop!

Tonight I have a few polishes from butter LONDON's Sweetie Shoppe Collection!  The collection is described as follows" Straight from the catwalks, the inspiration for the Sping/Summer 2013 collection emerged from the charming colours and silhouettes of the 50’s-inspired femme fatale. Shades influenced by the soft pastels of cotton candy, milkshakes and macaroons enhance the playful feminine edge.  A brilliant sherbet, luxe lemon and peppy violet are paired with an icy mint, rich candy pink and creamy khaki for a statement that’s sweet but chic.  “Pops of pastels are iconic for spring and look like candy on the nails,” says Katie Hughes, Global Colour Ambassador for butter LONDON." 



Fruit Machine

Coat 1:

 Coat 2:
Fruit Machine is described as "an opaque punchy carnation crème nail lacquer." This pink creme is a girly pastel perfect for spring! I wasn't super impressed by the formula though, I used 2 coats for opacity but they were pretty think and a bit streaky at times.

Cuppa
 Coat 1:
 Coat 2:
Cuppa is described as "This gorgeous toasted opaque tan crème is both your perfect neutral lacquer and statement maker in one!" I am not a fan of Cuppa for my skin tone, something about the combination just seemed a bit off. Also the formula was a bit thick/uneven. I used 2 coats for full coverage.

Kerfuffle
Coat 1:

 Coat 2:

Kerfuffle is described as an "Opaque pink coral crème nail lacquer." Kerfuffle seems more like a light orange creme to me, and I am in love with it. Kerfuffle reminds me of a pastel creamsicle! I can not get over this polish, and the formula was much easier to work with, streaky for the first coat but I only needed 2 coats for full coverage.

Fiver
Coat 1:
 Coat 2:

Fiver is described as " an opaque icy mint crème nail lacquer." I love Fiver the color is a icy mint creme just like it says! I love the pastels and this is definitely and "it" color for spring! Fiver's formula was like Kerfuffle, smoother and thinners, I only needed 2 coats for full coverage though.

I love the Sweetie Shop Collection, pastels are so in right now and I love the polishes to match! There were some formula issues with some of the polishes, but I am in love with Kerfuffle and Fiver, I know I will be wearing them throughout the spring!

What do you think of butter LONDON? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook.

Check out butter LONDON's website, Like them on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter!

*These products were provided by butter LONDON for review. All opinions are my own*


No comments:

Post a Comment