Monday, July 30, 2012

Zoya Gloss Collection

Today I have the final part of the Zoya Fall Collection, the Gloss Collection. The Gloss Collection is described by Zoya "incredibly shiny jelly nail polish shades from the NYFW 2012 Gloss Collection are inspired by backstage beauties, talented designers, runways and VIP fashion events. The jelly gloss formula can be worn alone or layered to create an endless variety of custom colors and effects!"

The Gloss Collection consists of three gorgeous rich jellies: Katherine, Frida and Paloma


Katherine
Coat 1:
 Coat 2:
 Coat 3:

Katherine is described as "a sheer, dark red-toned aubergine that made its debut as part of a custom trio created for Fashion Designer Peter Som at NYFW Fall-Winter 2012." Katherine is a gorgeous purple-red deep eggplant. Jellies have an interesting consistency, and there is a visible nail line even after 3 coats.

Frida 
Coat 1:
 Coat 2:

 Coat 3:

 Coat 4:

 Frida is "a sheer, dark, warm-toned teal blue. Wear alone for a translucent tint of teal or layer over any color to transition into Fall!" Frida is a gorgeous dark deep teal forest green. I used 4 coats to get an opacity I was happy with, the formula was sheer but smooth.

Paloma
Coat 1:
Coat 2:

 Coat 3:

Paloma is "a sheer fuchsia-berry jelly formula that amps up the vibrancy of any color you layer it over." Paloma is a beautiful pink fuchsia jelly. Paloma covered in about 3 coats. I think Paloma is my favorite jelly of the trio, the bright color would make for some gorgeous jelly sandwiches! 

I love me some jellies! These jellies would make some pretty jelly sandwiches, or look good alone. I would suggest layering them over white so that less coats are needed and the polish looks more vibrant. My favorite is definitely Paloma but I am excited that Zoya created a jelly collection. The formulas of the collection were overall smooth, but took a little bit longer than other Zoyas to dry between coats. The formula was sheer as expected with a jelly, but as I said, layering over a white base would help with that. 

What do you think about the Gloss Collection? Tell me below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook

Check out Zoya'Blog and Website, Like Zoya on Facebook, and Follow them on Twitter! 
*These products were provided by Zoya for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*

2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE these!!! I want them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really something! Do you have a favorite? Or love them all?

      Delete