Friday, March 9, 2012

Manicure of the Day!

Today's Mani of the Day is a cute dot design! I was inspired by my planner and just HAD to make a mani after it! My planner has all this different sized blue circles that are cut off around the sides. I used Nicole by OPI's "Baby" Blue from the Justin Beiber Collection. It can be purchased here. I also used blue and white acrylic paint! Acrylic paint can be found at your local craft store, Michael’s and ACMoore.





I used a dotting tool to make the different size dots. You can purchase them from Amazon. I wanted to make each nail slightly different so I changed the position of the dots on each one. "Baby" Blue reminds me of spring, and I love how easy dots are because of the dotting tool! I think dot designs can be more modern or cute, this one is somewhere in the middle. If you change up the colors (maybe darker purples or reds) I think it would be more modern.
You can make so many unique but quick designs with dotting tools! Dot designs are my go-to design when I only have time for a quick mani, but I don't think that makes them any less special! 


Have you tried different dot designs? Show me on Facebook!

Check out http://nicolebyopi.com/ for their blog posts and full list of products.
Like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter for the latest news!

1 comment: