Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shimmer Spam!

I have been super busy, but here is my delayed post that I am incredibly excited about! Today I have Shimmer Polishes up for review, and wow they are seriously gorgeous! Shimmer polishes are an indie brand, and each polish has a special meaning to the creator (read her philosophy here). 


Elsa
 Coat 1:

Elsa is a turquoise, gold and red glitter mix. This combination with China Glaze Orange You Hot? kind of reminds me of the circus! I love the interesting mix of glitters, I would never pair those colors together, but it really works! The formula was pretty smooth and even, especially for a glitter bomb!

Fanny
Coat 1:

Fanny is a purple and pink glitter mix. Fanny isn't as glitter packed as Elsa, but I like the variety. Fanny applied incredibly smoothly, I used one coat to achieve this look!

Kelly
Coat 1:

Coat 2:
Kelly is a green and gold glitter bomb! I love both one and two coats! I think Kelly could be easily layered over a variety of  polishes (I cannot for the life of me remember which polish I layered this over!) Again, Kelly was super easy to work with and I didn't have to struggle to place the glitter where I wanted.

Jenny
Coat 1:
Coat 2:

Jenny is described as a blue cyan mix. Jenny is a really interesting glitter mix that I honestly would not know how to describe. I layered Jenny over China glaze Purr-fect Plum, I'm not incredibly sure how I like the combination though, I will have to try out a few others.

Irene
 Coat 1:

 Coat 2:

Described as a "champagne golden silver," Irene is a gorgeous golden silver microglitter. I prefer one coat over two, but either way the formula is smooth. I think Irene would also be beautiful on its own, but I layered it over China Glaze For Audrey and I love how one coat of Irene looks with it!

I am in LOVE with the Shimmer Polishes, one of the best indies I have tried and there are so many different polishes! You NEED to get your hands on at least one (but I'd say many more than that!) The formula is spectacular, and the glitter bombs are stunning!

Like Shimmer Polish on Facebook!

What do you think of these polishes? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook! 
*These items were provided for an honest review. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment