Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mani of the Day!

Today I have a cute mani of the day for you! I have really been loving tape manicures lately and really wanted to try out this checkered print! For this manicure I used Zoya Song, OPI DS Radiance (my go to shimmery silver) and Jessica Cosmetics Silver Hologram Topcoat to top it off with an extra sparkle! 








I am pretty proud of the manicure! I first painted my nails with Zoya Song (2 coats) and then had to figure out how to create the rest of the design. figuring out the tape was a bit difficult but I used two pieces to create a 90 degree angle to mark off the section to paint. You have to make sure the base color is COMPLETELY DRY before taping off, or else you'll just make a mess and  rip off part of your base color. 


Do you like this mani? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook 



2 comments:

  1. This is super cute and such a great idea!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ive been getting a lot of pattern ideas off of tumblr lately!

      Delete