Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The New Black Runway Barometer

Today I have another gorgeous set from The New Black, this is their 8-piece Runway Set. The set is described by Sephora as follows 
"This palette features the absolute must-have, wear-it-now shades of the season. The formulations are long-wearing, ultra-glossy, fast-drying, and chip resistant. Color glides on evenly and effortlessly for a truly professional-looking finish. These cutting edge colors were selected to work together, so the only thing you need to do is work it!" 
The New Black Runway Set is an 8-piece set with a variety of colors! I think the set gives you a ton of options to play around with. There are so many different combinations, nail art ideas or just classic manis that The New Black Runway Set allows. 


The set does not have names on the bottles so please spare my generic color names!
Red-Orange
1 Coat:
2 Coats:


This Red-Orange Jelly/Creme reminds me a bit of a firetruck! Mostly opaque in 2 coats, I say mostly because the nail line is still visible, as with many jellies. This is a very vibrant color that shines for days! I am not the biggest fans of reds but the pigmentation and formula of this polish is fantastic!

Pink-Red Shimmer
1 Coat:


2 Coats:
This light red with a gorgeous gold shimmer is perfection! I love the shimmer, it is the right amount of sparkle without being overpowering!  The formula was great again, fully opaque in 2 coats. The sun definitely brought out the amazing shimmer. I know I will be wearing this again!

Orange
1 Coat:




2 Coats:




3 Coats:




The later photos in this set are more correct, this orange is highly pigmented with a gorgeous gold shimmer. The shimmer was less apparent than in the previous polish, but still gorgeous. I have really had a thing for orange polishes lately, which is funny because I used to hate them! But this is one of the oranges I have grown to love. The shimmer is subtle but still amazing! The formula was a bit thinner, 3 coats for full opacity, but that doesn't bother me.

Yellow
1 Coat:


2 Coats:


3 Coats:


This polish is definitely Yellow! with a subtle shimmer. Not my favorite of the collection, the yellow does not particularly work for me or my skintone, but the polish reached full opacity in 3 coats. I would say if you like yellows, this might be nice to have in your collection, but otherwise it is a pass for me.

Green
1 Coat:
2 Coats:


The forest pearl shimmer green is also not my favorite of the collection. The formula was a bit streakier because of the pearl/metallic finish. I would say this color is not my exact cup of tea but I could easily see someone dying to have it! The polish reached full opacity in 2 coats.

Periwinkle
1 Coat:


2 Coats:


This gorgeous periwinkle with a pearl shimmer is easily one of my favorites of this set! The color is just gorgeous and the shimmer is again..perfection! I will definitely be wearing this again! Full coverage in 2 coats and the formula was way less streaky than the previous polish, but still with the pearl shimmer.

Navy Blue
1 Coat:




This navy blue creme was a standard navy blue creme. Not my favorite formula of the collection, but full coverage in 2 coats. I have no complaints about this polish, but it does not completely blow me away. I think the pigmentation is great and with 2 coats, its great, but there is probably another polish out there that is very similar. 

Tan
1 Coat:
2 Coats:


3 Coats:
The last polish I have of this set is a Tan creme. This creme was very light and had a thicker formula than the others. There was full coverage in 3 coats. I wouldn't say the formula was particularly great, you can still see how uneven the application was even after 3 coats. 

The New Black Runway Set was full of heavily pigmented polishes in a variety of colors. While some of the polishes stood out more than others I think it is a personal choice to decide which shades are best for you. I hope The New Black produces individual polishes in the future, for those that are not in love with every color in a set.

What do you think of these gorgeous The New Black Polishes? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook.


You can purchase The New Black at Sephora 
Check out The New Black on the following sites!

*This product was provided by The New Black for review. All opinions are my own*

2 comments:

  1. I really like the pink-red shimmer and the periwinkle! My only complaint about the New Black is I can't get the colors on their own... or can I?

    ReplyDelete