Saturday, June 23, 2012

Manicure of the Day!

So I haven't done one of these in a while, but its summer and that means summer nail art! and whats summer without the beach! A beach needs a lighthouse, which is the inspiration for my mani. I used China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le as a base color, and various colors of acrylic paint to create the design! Acrylic Paint can be found at your local crafts store,Michael’s and ACMoore.


So now unto the steps to create the lighthouse scene!

Apply your base color, I used China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le.
I first used brown acrylic paint to create the ground that the lighthouse rests on


I mixed white, black and brown acrylic paint to create various shades to make rocks and pebbles to add dimension to the ground. I also added some greenery.


I added the basic shape of the lighthouse in white and the crests of waves below my "ground"


I added all the details now, one red line on the light house and the top in black. Yellow short lines for the light and some birds in the sky! I also added some more rocks.


I added birds to the rest of my nails to complete the manicure!




I am overall pretty happy with how this came out, I hope my skills will improve I can work to be cleaner with my brush strokes. I need to invest in better brushes as well. I think this is a perfect summer mani and hope to continue to create more fun

Do you like this design, would you recreate it? Let me know below or on Facebook

Check out Chinaglaze.com
Like China Glaze on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter


1 comment:

  1. I love these nails! You did such an amazing job!! I gave them a feature post on my blog's Feature Friday.

    ♥ Ashley
    spellboundnails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete