Friday, April 20, 2012

butter LONDON Trout Pout & Snog

I have something a little different for today! I will be reviewing Trout Pout and Snog..as well as their matching LIPPYS!! Snog is described as a "bright, happy, hot pink lacquer." Trout Pout is described as a "An opaque shade of cantaloupe, a pale and retro lacquer." 

       



Snog
Coat 1:


 Coat 2:



Snog is a dark but bright pink creme. I LOVE butter LONDON's formula, in 2 coats Snog was opaque. Snog is definitely a bright girly color! I can see myself wearing it for a night on the town!


Trout Pout
Coat 1:

 Coat 2:


Trout Pout is a gorgeous bright coral! Once again I am in LOVE with butter LONDON's formula, a 2 coater again! Trout Pout is more my color, it is girly in a more muted way, more of a "day time" color! I can definitely see myself wearing Trout Pout throughout the entire summer!

Now onto the LIPPY swatches!

Without Flash:
Left: Trout Pout
Right: Snog
 Flash:
 Left: Trout Pout
Right: Snog

I have mixed feelings about the LIPPYS I LOVE the idea of matching your polish and lips, but the formula for the Trout Pout LIPPY was iffy, what I mean is it was very sticky and streaky, if I rubbed my lips together, there would be lines on my lips! BUT! the Snog LIPPY formula was much better, it was still a little sticky, but much less than Trout Pout. The Snog LIPPY fully covered my lips, but it is not a color I would normally wear. It is a definite improvement, but I would have to be in a crazy mood to go out with it on ;) I'm hoping my Trout Pout LIPPY was just a bad batch, but I will have to see if others have the same problem. 














What do you think about this trend? Will you be trying LIPPY? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook.

Check out butter LONDON's website, Like them on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter!

*These products were provided by butter LONDON for review. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment