Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Zoya Stunning Collection!

Today I have the Zoya Stunning Collection! I was really looking forward to this collection when I first saw it, but I have to say I am a little disappointed, read on to find out why. The collection consists of 6 cremes:

"Summer brings the sunniest colors to nails! Including six super shiny creams to put
all the focus on the brightest shining light in any room - YOU!

Zoya SUMMER 2013: STUNNING Collection
• Darcy (ZP663) - Sunny Yellow Cream - Full Coverage.
• Thandie (ZP664) - Citrus Orange Cream - Full Coverage.
• Micky (ZP665) - Amazing Coral Cream - Full Coverage.
• Yana (ZP669) - Rubine Red Cream - Full Coverage.
• Josie (ZP667) - Grassy Green Cream - Full Coverage.
• Rocky (ZP668) - Serene Blue Cream - Full Coverage."
 *Taken from the Zoya Press Release*

(Image From Zoya.com)

Micky
Coat 1:

Coat 2:
Micky is a bright coral creme. I used 2 coats for full coverage. As you can see, I had a bit of an issue with an unsmooth formula, Micky was not very easy to work with, but I did manage to make it work for this Ikat mani. Micky is definitely a gorgeous color, I just wish the application wasn't so spotty.

Yana
Coat 1:
Coat 2:
Coat 3:
Yana is a darker bright corally pink. Yana is a bit more red than Micky. I used 3 coats for full coverage. I did not have major application issues with Yana, although application as not as Zoya's cremes usually are.

Thandie
Coat 1:

Coat 2:

Thandie is a bright creamsicle orange! I used 2 coats for full coverage. Thandie's formula was similar to Yana's, not the easiest to work with, but not terrible. I will definitely wear this bright orange this summer!

Josie
Coat 1:
Coat 2:
Josie is a medium forest green creme. I used 2 coats for full coverage. Josie had the best formula of all the Stunning polishes, it applied pretty smoothly and evenly. I think Josie is a good transition color into and out of summer, as it isn't as bright as some typical summer polishes.

Darcy
Coat 1:
Coat 2:
Coat 3:
Darcy is a bright yellow creme. I used 3 coats for full coverage. Application was a bit uneven, I tend to have issues with yellow polishes, but Darcy wasn't nearly as bad as others. Definitely a polish to grab some attention!


Rocky
Coat 1:
Coat 2:

Rocky is a bright sky blue creme. I used 2 coats for full coverage. The formula was a bit difficult, but not horrendous. I really do love this color, I just wish the formula was a bit smoother.

Overall, I am disappointed with the Zoya Stunning Collection. I think the colors are stunning as the name suggests, but the formulas fell flat. Zoya polishes normally have some of the best formulas, so I think it may be a fluke. I have heard that some bloggers may have received "bad batches" and the formula issues don't affect everyone, but I am not completely positive of that. 

Ultra long-wearing, nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE - all formulas are completely free of harmful industrial chemicals such as toluene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin and dibutyl phthalate (DBP) that are known to cause cancer and birth defects.

Zoya Polishes retail for $8 and can be purchased at Ulta or on Zoya's Website.

What do you think about the Stunning Collection? Tell me below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook

Check out Zoya'Blog and Website, Like Zoya on Facebook, and Follow them on Twitter! 

*These products were provided by Zoya for an honest review. All opinions are my own.*

No comments:

Post a Comment